North Tipperary Light Infantry Militia
The Militia Battalions of The Royal Irish Regiment included the 4th Royal Irish (late 2nd or North Tipperary Light Infantry Militia. The head-quarters were at Clonmel.
Northumberland Light Infantry Militia
The 3rd Battalion of the Northumberland Fusiliers was formerly the Northumberland Light Infantry Militia. Its head-quarters were at Alnwick.
Book: Adamson,William: Notices of the Services of the 27th Northumberland Light Infantry Militia Newcastle-upon-Tyne:Robert Robinson,1877 1st Edition.95pp.+1pp.pubs.ads.Near Contemporary Half Black Leather over Marbled Boards.Gilt Titling to Spine.Signed Handwritten Letter from Author Bound in.
Book: ADAMSON (William) & SCOTT (Major and Hon. Lieut.-Colonel Robert) Notes of the Services of the 27th Northumberland Light Infantry Militia, now 3rd Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. With a Brief Account of Several Local Corps of Volunteers which were Enrolled in the County of Northumberland, and in the Town and County of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, during the War with France, towards the Close of the Last and the Commencement of the Present Century. Compiled and Edited with Notes by the Late.. and continued up to the Present Time by.. Some foxing throughout, otherwise very good in the original blue cloth, gilt. 152pp. Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 1914 .
South Cork Light Infantry
The Militia Battalions of The Royal Munster Fusiliers included the 3rd Battalion, late South Cork Light Infantry. The head-quarters were at Kinsale.
Book: ORMEROD Lt Colonel G S Regimental Records of the 3rd Battalion Royal Munster Fusiliers formerly South Cork Light Infantry Militia. Cork: Purcell and Co. 1906. viii and 133 pages.
Royal South Down (Light Infantry) Militia
The 5th Battalion of The Royal Irish Rifles was formerly the Royal South Down (Light Infantry) Militia. The head-quarters were at Downpatrick.
2nd West York Light Infantry Militia
Became the 3rd prince of Wales's Own West Yorkshire and bore on its regimental colour a scroll inscribed MEDITERRANEAN, in commemoration of its having served on that station during the Crimean War. The Head-quarters were at York.
3rd West York Light Infantry Militia
The 3rd Battalion of The York and Lancaster Regiment was formerly the 3rd West York Light Infantry Militia. The head-quarters were at Pontefract. By the last ballot for Militia precedence, the 3rd West York Militia became the premier Militia regiment of the United Kingdom. Its badge was the White Rose of York, and after it was made Light Infantry in 1852, a Bugle with the White Rose between the strings.
Book: RAIKES, Captain G. A. Historical Records or the First Regiment of Militia; or, Third West York Light Infantry. London: Richard Bentley & Son, 1876. xvi, 334pp, pp errata. Chromo frontis, 7 plts.
1st Somersetshire Light Infantry Militia
2nd Somersetshire Light Infantry Militia
The (King's Own) 2nd Staffordshire (Light Infantry) Militia
Royal Sussex Light Infantry Militia
The Sussex Militia, formed in 1778, became in 1845 the Royal Sussex Light Infantry, and in 1881 it became the 3rd (Militia) Battalion, of the regular Royal Sussex Regiment.
The Rifle Brigade had four Militia Battalions. These included the 5th Battalion, late
2nd Royal Tower Hamlets (Queen's Own Light Infantry) Militia
and the 7th Battalion, late
1st Royal Tower Hamlets (King's Own Light Infantry) Militia
Royal Westmorland Light Infantry Militia