In 1855 the whole marine corps took the name Royal Marine Light Infantry (Red Marines). In 1859 a separate Division of Royal Marine Artillery (Blue Marines) was formed, but in 1923 the two merged to become the single corps of Royal Marines.
Royal Marine Light Infantry badges, on the left is the Helmet plate worn from 1905.
Royal Marines Association
Contact: Central Office, Eastney Esplanade, Southsea,
Hants PO4 9PX, Tel: 01705 731978
Garrison San Juan Island 1860/1872